RETO MOTO is looking for a senior level designer to design, setup and see through the entire process from design to release of maps for our WW2 FPS game.
Based in central Copenhagen, Denmark, computer games studio RETO MOTO employs 35+ people who are all passionate, and dedicated to making Heroes & Generals the ultimate interactive WW2 experience.
We are looking for someone with initiative, strong design sensibilities and experience in building maps for team based FPS games.
You have an eye for all the components that combine to create engaging maps, and you have a strong analytical and structured approach to level design.
You are self driven and at the same time respectfully reactive to feedback from colleagues and Heroes & Generals community and you understand iterative processes. You will be responsible for the level design from start to end and be in close collaboration with the game design team.
We are offering a full-time position where you will be part of a highly motivated team of experienced developers making work fun to make fun work.
Please send your application and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org by by May 11th. 2018.
Check all positions available on our RETO MOTO LinkedIn page, you can also easily apply from there.
Non-EU applicants are required to have the necessary visas to work in Denmark.
Interviews will be held as applications are received.
- Design, construction and visual development of PvP and PvE maps
- Box out temp assets or use existing assets to build maps
- Work with internal level design tools
- Create compelling gameplay scenarios and map layouts
- Balancing maps using heatmaps and metrics
- Work closely with the game design team tweaking/developing game modes
- Be involved in the design and development of new gameplay elements.
- Initiative and demonstrable creativity in layout and flow, scenario design, etc.
- Extensive experience of designing levels in realistic setting
- At least one shipped game with significant level design contribution to it or equivalent experience in modding communities
- Able to work independently and responsibly with the ability to work well within a team
- Ability to interpret player and peer feedback and turn it into in-game solutions
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Solid English skills (written and spoken)
- Interest in games and in Heroes & Generals in particular
- Knowledge of principles and methods for optimizing the performance
- Knowledge of modular art asset design
- Prior knowledge of Heroes & Generals