RETO MOTO is looking for a Senior Generalist Programmer with a versatile skill set to help develop our back-end systems and Engine.
Based in central Copenhagen, Denmark, computer games studio RETO MOTO employs 35+ people who are all passionate, and dedicated to making Heroes & Generals the ultimate interactive WW2 experience.
We are looking for someone with initiative, strong C++ skills and the ability to quickly learn and work with many different types of code.
You will work with systems in all areas of the code base including the technology underpinning all the game’s assets, their dependencies and how they are organized as well as helping the artists work better and faster. You will be working in close connection with the rest of the development team and you should be able to perform well with people of different skills and backgrounds.
You have experience in developing and evaluating the architecture of existing technologies and you have the ability to acquaint yourself with a custom inhouse engine in an effective and methodical manner. You should be proactive and prepared to take accountability for the development activities assigned. We expect you to be able to analyze, predict and optimize the performance of the systems you work with.
We are offering a full-time position where you will be part of a highly motivated team of experienced developers making work fun to make fun work.
Please send your application and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 6th. 2018.
Non-EU applicants are required to have the necessary visas to work in Denmark.
Interviews will be held as applications are received.
- Develop and evaluate architecture of existing technology
- Extending existing systems to meet future needs of ongoing development
- Perform work in various areas of the technology as needed
- Design and implement systems to meet gameplay design needs
- Help optimize content creator workflows
- Performance analysis and optimization work
- 5+ years C/C++ programming
- Experience contributing to the core architecture on modern engines
- Experience dealing with multiple iterations of a game engine
- Ability to write stable and extensible code using C/C++
- Experience building networked multiplayer games
- Good understanding of bandwidth requirements and latency in a client-server architecture
- Comfortable solving problems outside of primary area of expertise
- Having experience working with and expanding on existing code
- Ability to perform well in a group of people with different skills and backgrounds
- Contributes to a good team spirit
- Solid English skills (written and spoken)
- Interest in games
- Prior knowledge of Heroes & Generals