RETO MOTO is looking for a skilled Technical Artist to lead the technical development of our art production pipeline.
Based in central Copenhagen, Denmark, computer games studio RETO MOTO employs 35+ people who are all passionate, and dedicated to making Heroes & Generals the ultimate interactive WW2 experience.
As the Lead Technical Artist, you will be responsible for the research, pipelines, technical quality and technical production of 3D art. You have experience in procedural graphics creation as well as automated art pipelines – this is a requirement as our game is in continuous development.
You are a skilled artist. You are a confident leader for technical art. You know you can guide the art team towards technical excellence. You will work closely with our engine programmers, and you will define the technical parameters across to the art team.
You have strong self-management skills and a willingness to freely share knowledge and receive feedback in a cooperative environment. You will assure technical support to team members and assist them in implementing best practices.
You will support a highly agile and iterative game design and release process, and your individual contribution will be essential.
We are offering a full-time position where you will be part of a highly motivated team of experienced developers making work fun to make fun work.
Please send your application and résumé to email@example.com. by June 7th 2018.
Check all positions available on our RETO MOTO LinkedIn page, you can also easily apply from there.
Prior to applying for this position we expect you to get familiar with our game and make sure you understand the requirements for this position – if you have any questions please do not hesitate contacting us.
Non-EU applicants are required to have the necessary visas to work in Denmark.
Interviews will be held as applications are received.
- Lead the Graphic artist efforts from a technical standpoint
- Create the right tools to accelerate repetitive tasks which the art team is responsible for
- Create, document and implement the art production pipeline
- Have the full responsibility of creating and assuring that all artwork is created according to technical requirements
- Test and confirm technical feasibility with tools chosen and validated quality output
- Guide and provide constant support to the art team, create, organize and lead training sessions on tools and tech
- Ensure tool usage consistency across the art team
- Produce a technical reference and/or technical constraints document, keep it current and communicate it so that the team can refer to it when required
- Communicate regularly on technical constraints and their reasons to the team
- At least 5 years experience as a Technical Artist
- Great knowledge of softwares, tools and methods involved in developing successful graphics for a constantly evolving online 3d game
- Experience and talent in coaching an art team from a tech perspective
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- Good programming skills for scripting and automation (Python & C#)
- A passion for technical art creation
- A proven track record of creating high quality game art - in-game objects, characters and environments
- A portfolio demonstrating all aspects of your skills is required
- Solid English skills (written and spoken)
- Prior knowledge of Heroes & Generals