RETO MOTO is looking for a Lead Audio Designer to move player immersion to new heights.
Based in central Copenhagen, Denmark, computer games studio RETO MOTO employs 35+ people who are all passionate, and dedicated to making Heroes & Generals the ultimate interactive WW2 experience.
To be a perfect fit to this position you have a strong sense of design aesthetic and understanding of how implementation complements design and be able to apply that successfully in service to gameplay.
You possess mastery over FMOD Studio, have strong self-management skills and a willingness to freely share knowledge and receive feedback in a highly cooperative environment.
Successful interaction with disciplines outside of audio (animators, designers, programmers, external talents and partners) is also a key component to any applicant’s success.
Your mission as the Lead Audio Designer is to set the overall audio direction with focus on player immersion.
We are offering a full-time position where you will be part of a highly motivated team of experienced developers making work fun to make fun work.
Please send your application and résumé to email@example.com. by May 30th. 2018.
Check all positions available on our RETO MOTO LinkedIn page, you can also easily apply from there.
Prior to applying for this position we expect you to get familiar with our game and make sure you understand the requirements for this position – if you have any questions please do not hesitate contacting us.
Non-EU applicants are required to have the necessary visas to work in Denmark.
Interviews will be held as applications are received.
- Interactive and linear sound effects design
- Audio asset implementation with level editor, animation tools (Maya/3DS Max), etc.
- Mixing and mastering
- Troubleshoot audio issues, optimize to meet memory budget and performance requirements
- Collaborate with game programmers to improve existing tech and develop new features
- Collaborate occasionally with external talents (composers, voice and other talents)
- Portfolio demonstrating strong audio design for realistic settings
- FPS/Multiplayer audio experience is a strong plus
- Excellent understanding of game audio implementation techniques and concepts
- Ability to edit music, voice and sounds for integration into dynamic playback systems
- Power user of FMOD Studio
- Strong understanding of technical audio theory and audio engineering concepts
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in a game audio designer role
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Solid English skills (written and spoken)
- Maya/XSI experience
- Passionate about the FPS genre
- Experience with: Field recording – Dialogue processing – Music editing
- Prior knowledge of Heroes & Generals
- 3-5 minute video file with footage from games on which you’ve worked with a short text explaining your contributions to the footage
- A diverse selection of footage including various types of work