RETO MOTO is looking for a talented and enthusiastic Game Operations Manager to lead our H&G online operations and our IT team.
Based in central Copenhagen, Denmark, computer games studio RETO MOTO employs 35+ people who are all passionate, and dedicated to making Heroes & Generals the ultimate interactive WW2 experience.
You will be leading, maintaining and developing the services and infrastructure that keeps players online simultaneously worldwide, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
You have deep technical skills and you have a background in building and operating highly available and scalable back-end services. You must be able to dive deep into the details of the product, operations and engineering.
You will focus on the technical and the executable strategy, and you will be leading the team that makes it possible to service our players. You will be responsible for a setup that ensures that the team reacts to issues with effectiveness and professionalism, acting as the central pillar.
We are offering a full-time position where you will be part of a highly motivated team of experienced developers making work fun to make fun work.
Please send your application and résumé to email@example.com. by June 7th 2018.
Check all positions available on our RETO MOTO LinkedIn page, you can also easily apply from there.
Prior to applying for this position we expect you to get familiar with our game and make sure you understand the requirements for this position – if you have any questions please do not hesitate contacting us.
Non-EU applicants are required to have the necessary visas to work in Denmark.
Interviews will be held as applications are received.
- Manage and improve processes and tools by which our game builds, validates, and deploys services to development and production environments
- Oversee operational picture of deployed services including operational documentation and service health monitoring
- Liaise with internal and external teams, create relationships and assist with shared initiatives
- Participate in service capacity planning, demand forecasting, and system tuning
- Cooperate with internal and external parties to resolve live issues and help determine and document root cause
- Document best practices
- Manage, support, and guide the careers of our System Admin staff
- Share in off-hour / on-call duties
- Work closely with senior engineers to help develop the best solution for new and existing service development
- Minimum 5 years relevant work experience, including experience with Linux systems and tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- Strong, proven C++, C#, Python and SQL/ noSQL database skills
- Strong knowledge of DevOps practices, principles and technologies
- Experience with build servers and pipelines
- Experience supporting a live service and working with distributed systems
- Experience working with public cloud APIs and technology
- Curiosity & tenacity to fully diagnose why something went wrong
- Aptitude to learn new domains quickly
- A passion for both video games, and technology
- Solid English skills (written and spoken)
- Prior knowledge of Heroes & Generals