RETO MOTO is looking for a Game-as-a-Service System Administrator
Based in central Copenhagen, Denmark, computer games studio RETO MOTO employs 35+ people who are all passionate, and dedicated to making Heroes & Generals the ultimate interactive WW2 experience.
In close collaboration with our present System Administrator, you will be responsible for all technical aspects of the systems, infrastructure, and network that connects players across the globe, seamlessly and reliably.
We have a strong focus on keeping players online as we run our Game as a Service (GaaS) operation, and therefore a strong focus on keeping our cloud, network, servers, and services up and running.
You will be working in a live production public environment, and you have the ability to potentially work outside of regular office hours.
You have good experience with managing cloud solutions and of-the-shelf services such as databases.
You are service minded, willing to do any technical task and you do them with precision. Keeping an overview in a busy environment with many different tasks is one of your qualities.
We are offering a full-time position where you will be part of a highly motivated team of experienced developers and marketers making work fun to make fun work.
Please send your application and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 4th. 2018.
Check all positions available on our RETO MOTO LinkedIn page, you can also easily apply from there.
Non-EU applicants are required to have the necessary visas to work in Denmark.
Interviews will be held as applications are received.
- Deploy new releases and patches to users and servers
- Administer and manage our cloud hosted solutions
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve incidents which impact or threaten service availability
- Monitor system health and security
- Troubleshooting and performance tuning of analytic jobs
- Maintain and improve system automation and management tools
- Administer and manage the web and online gaming server environment
- Monitor online services and take necessary actions to ensure SLAs are met or exceeded
- Support and help devs with debugging, troubleshooting
- Optimize online software components as well as tools
- Proactively identify and alleviate capacity planning issues and bottlenecks
- Coordinate with 3rd party providers regarding network, server, and storage issues
- Experience with remote server hosting, networking hardware
- Solid understanding of infrastructure especially in the context of GaaS
- Solid network troubleshooting experience
- Aptitude for creating high quality solutions
- Good knowledge of auto-scaling solutions
- Experience with scripting in languages such as Python and Shell
- Data protection and encryption experience
- Experience in continuous integration/delivery (GaaS)
- Good knowledge about SSH, Postgres, Mysql, Apache, Nginx
- Strong understanding of IP Subnet, Routing, VPN Gateway, Firewall
- Familiar with Amazon AWS and EC2 services in particular
- Experience with high traffic web applications
- Expert in Linux and Windows operating systems
- Good communications skills
- Solid English skills (written and spoken)