RETO MOTO is looking for a Freelance UI/UX Designer
Based in central Copenhagen, Denmark, computer games studio RETO MOTO employs 35+ people who are all passionate, and dedicated to making Heroes & Generals the ultimate interactive WW2 experience.
Your work will be focused on making sure the game interface is optimal in terms of accessibility, communication, and immersion. You are expected to adhere to best practices of user interface design principles.
You are able to collaborate with our Game Director and UI/UX Designer to translate game systems into easy-to-use interfaces. You have experience visualizing designs using concepts, wireframes, and prototypes to communicate internally and test.
You strive for a clear and cohesive vision of the user experience. You understand that depth doesn’t require complexity and that simple doesn’t mean shallow either.
You’re self-motivated and collaborative. You have a positive, solution-oriented attitude and you easily share your UI/UX design expertise with the team.
We are offering a full time freelance/consultant position on a 3 month contract as a start where you will be part of a highly motivated team of experienced developers making work fun to make fun work.
Please send your application and résumé to email@example.com. by October 4th 2018.
Check all positions available on our RETO MOTO LinkedIn page, you can also easily apply from there.
Prior to applying for this position we expect you to get familiar with our game and make sure you understand the requirements for this position – if you have any questions please do not hesitate contacting us.
Non-EU applicants are required to have the necessary visas to work in Denmark.
Interviews will be held as applications are received.
- Support game design team in the creation of mockups, flows, and wireframes
- Identify and address complex user interfaces and information design challenges
- Work with artists to ensure a cohesive style with game art
- Create layouts and documentation using appropriate tools
- Decide directional design communication intent
- Communicate regularly with end-users to validate your design
- Communicate design decisions and status on a regular basis
- Push to improve UX design workflow processes
- Expert knowledge of UI/UX design for games, preferably with Free to Play games
- Experience working on MMOs or live service games with large menu systems
- Strong understanding of flow, composition, and design for a PC experience
- Excellent conceptual and graphic design skills
- Expert knowledge of Illustrator, Photoshop, and other industry standards tools
- Flexibility to work in a design-iterative environment on multiple projects
- Detail-oriented, organized, with an aptitude for learning and taking direction well
- Ability to work quickly and under tight deadlines and still produce high-quality work
- Solid English skills (written and spoken)
- Interest in games
- Prior knowledge of Heroes & Generals
- Please provide a showreel/portfolio